Tuesday, December 14, 2010

One Dollar Trilogy: Bullets, bloody bullets

So, today I finished the two other parts of my "One Dollar Trilogy". The second track is titled:


I built this one around the same palette as the first one. It's actually in the same frigging project file. This one needed to be a battle music, but I didn't want to go the normal way and raise the tempo to make it more faster paced. I kept the tempo same but used the snares to bring a military march type feel to the track. I also gave more room for the trumpet to play to give that Texas/Mexico feel so essential to Westerns.

This is clearly a tighter sounding song and it's a track I might want to extend once I have more time to do it. But for now (and for the theme of this trilogy) it is as it is.

Gear I used for this track:

DAWs and editors:
  • Cakewalk Sonar 8.5
Samplers, instruments and effects:
  • NI Kontakt 3
  • Independence Free
  • Kjaerhus Classic Master Limiter
  • Melda Equalizer
  • Sonar PerfectSpace
Libraries and impulses:
  • Project SAM Brass
  • VSL Horizon series Chamber Strings
  • VSL Horizon series Overdrive
  • VSL Horizon series Concert Guitar
  • NI Kontakt 3 Library
  • Sonivox Flying Hand Percussion
  • Ilio Origins
  • Independence Free Library
  • Gnomehammer Sleigh Bells
  • Sonivox Flying Hand Percussion impulses

No comments:

Post a Comment